The cot is one of the first purchases for the offspring – and by far the most important. In his crib, the baby spends many hours and nights processing the day. As the baby grows and learns to play and romp, the bed has to endure a lot – and above all be safe. You will find many sugary interior design ideas and helpful tips for choosing the right baby bed. From the classic bedroom to the colorful cot, there's everything your baby can dream of!
What types of baby cots are there?
In general, cots have four different shapes:
- the (shared) cot,
- the mobile cradle,
- the bassinet also for the first months
- the extra bed, which can be connected to the mother bed.
What should be considered when buying a cot?
For baby cots, it is important to take other precautions than atI am easy cot.
Here are a few suggestions:
- The sprout removal at a crib should be between 4.5 and 6.5 inches;
- The mattress should be at least 30 cm below the top of the bed and should be directly against the bed.
- Materials should be checked for harmful substances – the crib may be painted white, but paints and coatings should be strictly controlled, as should textiles;
- It is important that the mattress is not too soft, so that the baby does not "fall in" and can breathe calmly on the stomach.
Of course, these are not all points that should be considered. To be on the safe side, it is best to contact the manufacturers of the products who will tell you the exact safety precautions. You can also tailor it to your individual needs, so you will not have it harder than you have to. For example, there are cots in which the slatted frame can be raised and lowered. You do not have to bend over so much in the beginning and later climbing adventures are less dangerous.
Aside from all the features, the cot should of course look pretty and fit nicely into the nursery. Bright, relaxed colors, natural materials such as wood and decorative elements are particularly important for the well-being of the baby.